What This Privacy Pledge Covers
This privacy pledge covers how TBG treats personal information that TBG collects and receives, including information related to your use of TBG services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that TBG does not own or control, or to people that TBG does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- TBG may collect personal information when you register, when you use TBG services, when you visit TBG pages or the pages related to the content contained within TBG. TBG may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your first and last name and email address. If you register as a creator, we may request information about your address, occupation, industry, and information required to pay royalties. Once you register with TBG and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- TBG collects information about your transactions with us and your use of the services that we offer.
- TBG automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser settings, and pages requested. TBG also requires a cookie, used only to keep track of your login status.
- TBG uses information for the following general purposes:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services;
- To improve our services;
- To contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
TBG does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with TBG under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help TBG communicate with you about offers from TBG and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We transfer information about you if TBG is acquired by or merged with another company. In this event, TBG will notify you before information about you is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy pledge.
TBG will set and access TBG cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your account information at any time.
- Certain communications from TBG, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the TBG Newsletter, are considered part of TBG membership and you may not opt out of receiving them.
- You may delete your TBG account by contacting support.
- If you have published material to TBG as a creator, that material may remain in some form on the site even after you retire it from public view, particularly if you have granted permission for it to be used as part of a collaborative project that exists elsewhere on the site.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your TBG Account Information is password-protected. You are responsible for not sharing your password.
- In certain areas TBG uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions related to commerce.
Changes to this Privacy Pledge
TBG may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your TBG account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, contact us at: email@example.com